Friday 20 July 2018

Merry Christmas Scene card (Polkadoodles image)


Hi Crafty Friends,

There's a new "anything goes" challenge just started at Polkadoodles, do all my blog friends join in their challenges already? I hope I inspire you with my cards using their gorgeous products. 

I created a lounge room Christmas scene with a few different items using PNG files before I printed them. I used a gorgeous pre-coloured Christmas girl by the fire from Winnie Winterland, I added a Christmas tree behind her from Winnie White Christmas and brick "wallpaper" from Little Dudes and sentiment from Winnie White Christmas . 

Using PNG files to build a scene: I don't know how well a teacher I am lol but this is so easy to do on the computer. Just add all the elements you want to use into a Word document and roughly size them to suit. The main things to remember when using PNG's is to right click on the item, then choose "wrap text", then "square" which then lets you move your images all around the page and over each other. The best thing to do is put your main image in the centre then bring the other items into the scene - to bring items to the back and front of the scene (For example when I put this scene together I added the Christmas tree after the girl but I wanted it behind her so I clicked on the tree then clicked on the "send backward" choice.) To do this click on the "format" tool at the top of the page and you'll then see it gives you the option to move the images in front and behind other images. If it doesn't seem like it's moving backwards just keep clicking until it does. The reason for this is that each item you add to a scene is a different "layer" so it only takes it back or forwards one layer at a time. I hope someone has found this helpful and maybe gives it a try if they have PNG files but haven't known how to use them. They don't all need to be from the same brand so it's really fun to play around with but occasionally you will find a PNG that has a white instead of transparent background. 



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

ABC Christmas - N is for name, O is for On.. - On the chair
Aud Sentiments - Christmas in July plus a sentiment
Crafty Gals Corner - Christmas in July  
Creatalicious -  anything goes with option: no patterned paper
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - add a little sparkle (star)
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - use a punch/die cut - die cut star
Word Art Wednesday -  anything goes

Have a great weekend,

XOX Lucy


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card and love the little scene you created
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lucy! This is such a wonderful christmas card! I love the layers, dimensions, textures, and colors on it ...oh I love everything, hehe. Your coloring is so fabulous as well. Now I would love to make some christmas cards ♡☆
    Thank you so much for sharing this one with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Crafty Hugs

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous Christmas card Lucy. Love it.
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful Lucy. I love the layers and gorgeous colour combo.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Kraft and the red combo, fabulous card. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, fab layout and love the weave background paper and nice rich colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card you created, Is so beautiful, xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image... it's a very beautiful Christmas scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, such a lovely holiday scene! Nothing nicer than a nap by the tree and fire at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Christmas card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, the scene you've created is fab.
    Thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card, i love the use of red, it is so bold and cheerful!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp monday challenge, I am a little behind with comments I know, but I still wanted to let you know I loved your project! We all hope to see you again this week! Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soo cute!Love it!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Kleri DT
    http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy