Friday 8 January 2016

A girl in the window card (Paper Nest Dolls image)

Hi Crafty Friends,

I hope you're enjoying 2016 so far :)

I have 3 cards to show today and this first one includes an image from Paper Nest Dolls. I coloured the little girl and the window frame then fussy cut around them so that I could add the pink "wall" background and some patterned "curtains". 

I was not really impressed with my new pressie (Aussie slang for present hehe) which was a brick wall die. The bricks in the middle didn't cut properly so I'm not sure if I need a new cutting mat or the die isn't good enough, hopefully I just need a new mat! Anyway, I decided it worked for this purpose as she is supposed to be in a house window so the bricks should be there haha!


Flourish with a Bling is selling all their products for $2 each this month, that's more than half off most products!! I hope you'll check out our website as we have our own unique products and we post worldwide.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Craft your Passion -  Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart -  Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything goes with patterned paper 
Creatalicious - Something old, Something new - old papers, new die 
Creative Inspirations - Florals 
Cute Card Thursday -  Hey, what's new - New die cut 
Deep Ocean -  Anything goes 
Fairytale Challenges - Everything goes
Glitter & Sparkle - Anything goes
Inspiration Destination -  Anything goes 
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - Something new - New die cut 
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) -  Something new - New die cut 

Thank you so much for dropping by and extra special thanks to my lovely followers and visitors that leave some beautiful comments for me, they warm my heart.

XOX Lucy

7 comments:

  1. Love how you added the curtains and background to the window and the brick die looks great-try adding another piece of card over the die for extra pressure,some of mine need this
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper piece curtain and sweet image scene...Thanks for sharing it with GNS Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this has turned out well. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design to go with the image.The detailing is perfect and the colours so pretty.Delightful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x
    P.S. Try adding a 'shim' of a piece of card in the area that doesn't cut properly or give a quarter turn in your machine with the card in tact before running through again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and I love all the little flowers on the windowsill! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the image is among the brickwork and so cute too, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing your beautiful Card for the fairytale-challenge. What a funny Idea with the window.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy