Saturday 20 May 2017

Hexagon Rainbow Mother's Day card No.2

Hi Crafty Friends,

Here's the opposite Mother's Day card to the one I just showed. How great is it when you can create 3 cards from one sheet of inked up/die cut paper? I love this one best but I was really happy with how both turned out considering I didn't like my ink blending on the thin watercolour paper I used. Once I'd peeled off the die cut the hexagons were all left in the die so I put down a double sided adhesive sheet onto cardstock then put the die cut over the top and pushed each hexagon onto the adhesive so they stuck, it was so easy! I had to find a couple of the little bottom and top hexagons. Then I added glitter to the white adhesive bits. You can see in the second photo how the two cards look side on. This one was my favourite of the two so we gave it to my Mother-in-law who loved it.






I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge - Spring fever
Card Mania - life is colorful
Crafting by Designs monthly challenge - anything goes 
Crafty Calendar - flowers
Crafty Gals Corner - add flowers
Creatalicious -  anything goes with option of using stencils 
Creative Inspirations - anything goes 
Cute as a Button - for mom
Inspiration Destination - anything goes 
Ribbon Girl - May card challenge
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - add a bit of sparkle
The East Wind - celebrate the women
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes

Thank you so much for dropping by and extra special thanks to my lovely followers and visitors that leave some beautiful comments for me, they warm my heart.

XOX Lucy

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this one, too. Beautiful, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very cool cards! Just perfect for this week's inspiration! So glad you linked up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Lucy.
    Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl may card challenge, and good luck in the prize draw!
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. lovely design and gorgeous colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Cute as a Button. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloyrs thanks for playing at agoac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, this turned out gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Hope you can join us again. Jana DT/CGCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card,great idea with the hexagons,love the colours and feather
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have been busy. Another lovely card.Thanks again for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, all that wonderful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful cards!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional stencils” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy