Friday 8 June 2018

Birthday Boy with teddy (Bugaboo image)

Hi crafty friends,

I had a lot of fun playing around with creating backgrounds. Firstly for the "squares" paper at the back I used black and two shades of teal to make it and it's so easy. Cut 1cm strips of the 3 papers, glue them down onto a scrap piece of paper in sequence and butting up right next to each other. Once you've covered as much as you need, turn it to the side and then cut 1cm strips again which will give you 1cm cubes. Then add the strips of cubes to another scrap of paper in an alternate sequence until you've covered again what you need. Then cut off any excess overhang so you have a perfect rectangle or square. I mounted it onto black cardstock. 

I used a sweet little boy from Bugaboo then before printing him out, I added a background stripey paper from Polkadoodles and then using my Word editing section I added a blurry green shadow around him. I think it turned out quite interesting, something a little different.





I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments - anything goes plus a sentiment 
Catch the Bug -  anything goes 
Crafty Friends - Happy Birthday
Cute Card Thursday -  anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends -  anything goes
Little Miss Muffet - anything goes (used Bugaboo image) 
Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - all things bright and beautiful 
Tuesday Throwdown - what a guy!

Have a great weekend,

XOX Lucy

6 comments:

  1. Wow, love the background! It is so awesome! Fab colors! Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie, gorgeous colouring of him, love his hair!

    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!

    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background-great idea and really cute image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again... it’s so lovely to see you have shared another one of your gorgeous cards with us. Thanks for entering your cute little boy card into our ‘Happy Birthday’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background. Love the colors. I think the image with the green shadow on the striped paper is awesome, although I have no clue how you did all that on your computer. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. I love your entry. Good luck. Hugs, Debi DT TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous boys card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "happy birthday” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)



    PS: Sorry for the late comment, I had been away on holidays…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy