Monday 29 January 2018

Spread a lil magic Fairy card (Saturated Canary image)

Hi Crafty Friends,

I've been playing around with my Oxide inks again, they are so much fun! I also used my star stencil again with my texture paste. Last time I created a card with a similar background I asked for advice on how to keep the stars white - thanks so much for the ideas Vannessa and Carol, for anyone else that's interested their ideas were to use embossing powder instead of texture paste or stencil over the background once inked, I love both the ideas and will definitely try them in the future.

I used one of my extra large Spellbinders dies to create the borders, I don't usually use them as they are so large but I realised I don't have to use the top and bottom as well. The background goes really well against the colouring of the Saturated Canary image but I couldn't manage to photograph it well, they look like completely different shades of pink.




I am entering this card into the following challenges:

AllSorts - use your old faves (one of my favourite images)
Crafty Catz - anything goes with optional twist: something new  
Creatalicious -  anything goes with optional cute 
The Fairy & Unicorn - anything mythical (fairy)
Happy Little Stampers -   anything goes with dies - die cut borders
Pammie's Inky Pinkies -   anything goes 
Polkadoodles -   anything goes wk4
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - layer it up
Word Art Wednesday -  anything goes 

Have a great day,

XOX Lucy

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful background and beautiful coloring on this cute image. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lucy! Love that DO background! Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenges this week! Kren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the background looks great.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Old Favourites'challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and fabulous background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous make, thanks for joining us for the Polkadoodles Blog Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Great layering. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Layer It Up Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design of this card. It is so cute. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and background. I like that the stars are blended the same colours as the background. Thank you for joining us for our Week 4 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, Love, Love this Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy